Friday, March 22, 2013

Taylor Swift Rocks!!

Now I know I just posted but I just had to say that Taylor Swift's new music video '22' is awesome. That might be me revealling my inner angsty 16 year old, but I love her, I think her music is great and she seems to be having fun! Plus she has pretty awesome style, or maybe it is just the fact that anything will look good on you, if your 5'10' and have a great figure. Either way I say yay!

Now I have been a Taylor fan since summer 2008, and for living in the UK that is pretty hardcore. I remember being in my room listening to songs on Myspace (Oh Myspace! Those were the days) and then her song 'I'd Lie' came on and I was hooked. Now I know this will seem hard to believe but I was a dreamy teenager, who believed in romance and true love, so this song was exactly what I wanted to feel about someone one day. After that I quickly downloaded all her songs, and  since they were early days it consisted of her first and only album 'Taylor Swift'. I remember telling everyone about her music and since she definitely had a more country vibe back then, they ignored me. Now flash forward 5 years later and she is one of the biggest stars in music and everyone knows her name. Even if some people know more about her dating life than music. But I am still a fan, and all my nay saying friends have been brought into the Taylor filled light. Especially with the release of 'Red' which is a more mature sound. Now I love 'Red' but some songs definitely had to grow on me as I was still all loved up on 'Speak Now' -'Mean' is my song! But '22' was an instant hit with me and when I talked to my friends we all agreed it was our tune! It is just so fun, and upbeat and it's about hanging out with your best friends, which is always the best cure for anything.

I love the beachy scenes for the video, as you always imagine a perfect day would be at the beach. Plus I love the hipster get ups. I know people love to make fun of hipsters, but maybe it is because we are all secretly jealous. I also love how Taylor used her actual friends, I totally spotted Jessica Szohr (of Gossip Girl fame) and I could of sworn I saw Great Gerwig (Arthur, Damsels in Distress) but am still unsure. I heard Selena Gomez was supposed to make an appearance but she was probably busy with promoting 'Spring Breakers', but we all know they are friends anyway, even though that would have been cool. I think the video and the song are great. And if you don't believe me, check it out for yourself. Might not be your thing, but it is still a pretty infectious tune. Here is a link
22
Now I am about to go away with some of my best friends and all I can say, is we will be watching this, and I would like to say recreate it...But the UK is not as sunny and beach friendly as Southern California, especially not with the current snowfall and rain and wind! At least we can listen to it and dance around like mad jackasses, now what is better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment